Sports Massage focuses on both the clients’ strengths and weaknesses. Incorporating stretching, compression, and fast fluid strokes for pre-event and inter-event. Post-event is done when the client is done competing giving them a few minutes to rest before you start these slower fluid stretching and effleurage strokes. Recovery massage is an hour massage focusing on any tight or injured muscles or soft tissue areas and aiding them in a quick and less painful recovery. Just like as in working out for your muscles to grow you get micro tears in the muscle fibers, when athletes compete or have sporting events the same thing happens and you are there to help them lower their injury risk and have a long sports career.
Benefits of Sports Massage:
- Maintain the body generally in better condition.
- Prevent Injuries and loss of mobility.
- Cure and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue.
- Boost performance.
- Extend the overall life of your sporting career.
- Increase tissue permeability.
- Breaks down scar tissue.
- Improves tissue elasticity.
- Opens micro-circulation.
- Pain reduction.
- Reduce anxiety.